Wednesday, December 31, 2003

I've been trying to talk myself out of it for the last 36 hours but I can longer deny that I really am sick. It appears my flu shot may not have been 100% effective which put a decided crimp in my shopping plans for the weekend. My microwave died this week and I must shop for clothes. The good news is my birthday is days away and I just received an email saying my 'surprise gift' is a kitchen appliance that reheats food. Not a moment too soon as I've pretty much forgotten how to use my regular oven; not to mention the one time in five years I tried to turn it on, the burning dust set off the smoke alarm.

I hate feeling yucky, I mope around like some Camille bewailing my discomfort and I loathe whining, especially when I'm the one that's mewling. Makes me glad I live alone. I might also mention I think getting the flu shot was worth it. I'm as conflicted about taking mass medicines as I am about believing the mass media and have often opted out on the shot, but I believe it helped shorten the illness this time. I felt well enough already tonight to keep my resolution to return phone calls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home