Wednesday, July 02, 2003

EPIPHANY

It's been a crazy week here in lovely downtown Northampton. Everyone I know, including me, has been in turmoil. I always chalk it up to the planets. My friend Mariah, who moved away, used to be able to tell me exactly which ones were causing the trouble. Now that she's gone, I usually just blame Mercury retrograde. It's the only one I remember.

Anyway, Karen and I were having our after-work debrief on the corner this afternoon for the first time in a few days. She had suffered equal upheaval up there on the hill. We were exchanging horror stories when it hit me.

I said, "You know what? The good thing about bad stuff is that it doesn't last forever. The bad thing about good stuff is that it doesn't last forever either."

Maybe you had to be there but it made us laugh. It felt like a moment of truth. I think Mercury went direct just then.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home