Friday, July 11, 2003

BLOG THIS

I'm having a little discussion tiff about the value of blogs. Reporters can sometimes get a little elistist. Hazard of being in the public eye I guess.


On the subject of reporters and blogs, Paul wrote:

> >They're in: That doesn't mean they're used.

and then X wrote:
I'm with Paul. Blogs are a waste of time for a working reporter, in addition to being the farthest thing in the world from a reliable source.
>
>

Then I wrote:
Oh I see, blogs are unreliable in opposition to say the White House press releases?

Blogs build the buzz. They serve the purpose on the net of providing an avenue of private communication between your friends and family that you can share with a larger audience if you have nothing to hide, or have something to say.

I'm a hopeless correspondent with my family. I started my own quirky addition to the genre as a way for them to keep track of what's on my mind.

It's all about communication. I'm never going to be some hot shot investigative reporter; I'm just an open book proffered to the greater world. Oddly, I'm building an audience.

Go figure,

LA Stone

********************





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home