Friday, April 05, 2013

Scenes from my past - Part Seven

There were many ways to walk to downtown from the home of my youth. Sometimes I would take this route just to see this house. The internet tells me it is considered the best octagon house of the 12 that survive in Connecticut. This photo was apparently taken in 2008 after it was refurbished.

It was much shabbier when I was young. In fact the whole neighborhood was pretty run down. It was vaguely scary. You wouldn't walk there at night. But in the daytime I would always stop and admire its oddness. That house had a presence that demanded attention.

When I was teenager a friend knew someone who lived there. His name was Lance. He was older than us and had really long hair. Sadly, he never invited us inside. Probably just as well. He felt slightly dangerous.



[Photos are better if you click on them to embiggen.]

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home