Saturday, March 30, 2013

Scenes from my past - Part Two

This rock was the marker for Barchi's hot dog stand. It had two faces. Happy on one side and sad on the other. When you saw the happy face you knew you were almost to the lake. On the way home the sad face made you want to stop -- but really -- Texas Hot Wieners had better hot dogs.



And this the lake where I spent the better part of many summers. Learned to swim there. There were picnic tables and barbecue grills up on the hill under the trees. Had many a family picnic there. I remember what a big deal it was to finally be able to swim to that big float and jump off the diving board. And by jump I mean sort of walk off the end while I was holding my nose. Never actually dove off the thing. It was tall.



[Photos are better if you click on them to embiggen.]

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home