Thursday, January 19, 2012

Bye bye love

I've reached the age where I read obits regularly. And so I found out that Marty Najamy died last week. I went to elementary school with Marty. He was my first big crush on a boy. He sat next to me in the 6th grade.

I was so enamored with him that I let him cheat by looking at my answers on the tests. Which was a very big deal. I was totally little Miss Goody Two Shoes and always the teacher's pet all through grade school. The thought of cheating horrified me but I did it for Marty. Never did it for anyone else. Ever.

Haven't seen him or thought about him since the sixth grade really. Once we got to middle and high school we hung in different circles. But still I was sad to learn he died. Worse it appears it was a lingering illness that killed him. Rest in peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home