Sunday, December 19, 2010

No competency left unpunished

As I said in the last post, by Christmas I will have worked 20 days with only one day off and still don't make enough to pay the bills. Now to add insult to injury, I got my schedule for the week after Christmas. They gave me 12 hours of work over three days. That won't even pay for the gas to get there. And even more irritating, even though everyone got their hours cuts, there's at least three cashiers that got 4-6 more hours than I did who were hired after me and are among the lowest performers according to the metrics chart.

I didn't do a huge analysis but a quick scan suggests the older workers got the biggest cut in hours besides. Apparently my best hope for the new year is to buy a lottery ticket and hope I win the big jackpot.

2 Comments:

At 1:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get out after the first of the year and get you a better job. Kmart sucks, Cat

 
At 9:39 AM , Blogger Libby Spencer said...

That's the plan Cat. I really need to get out of there.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home