Friday, December 10, 2010

Little City Story: Cozy

It's been way cold here. Unseasonably so. I finally broke down and put the plastic on the windows yesterday. I decided this year to plug up the gaps in the window with felt, since you can't seem to buy rope caulk here. I got halfway through felting the first window when I realized I had never shut the glass storms.

Now nursing the tradional "storm window dropped on my thumb" injury. An impressive blood blister but it could have been worse. The window fell apart and the glass was what smashed my thumb. Feeling lucky that I didn't bleed.

On the bright side, at least I remembered that sooner than later and now my funny little apartment in the little city is warmer. Even cozy.

And I just got my electric bill for last month after running the stand up heater -- a lot -- and it wasn't terrifying. So there's that... [graphic via]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home