Thursday, December 16, 2010

So tired...

Well I gave up my day off yesterday to pick up an extra shift. Had no choice really. Even though, since I'm working right through until Christmas Day, this means I will have had one day off out of nineteen, I needed the hours because they gave me so many short shifts for the last two weeks. Even worse, I still won't bring home enough to actually pay all my bills, much less pay down the debts I accumulated while I had no job at all.

And I couldn't possibly live more simply. I mostly only eat two meals a day. I never go out. I treat myself to three dollars worth of Chinese takeout about once every six weeks. I sweltered through the heat of summer with no AC and am now shivering through the cold snap trying to use only the minimum of heat to keep the pipes from freezing.

On the bright side, my weight is way down and living in a cold home is probably why I haven't caught my death of cold working the front of the Big Box store. It's so cold there that I have to wear three layers so I don't freeze to death during the shift. Figure building up my cold tolerance must be helping me survive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home