Saturday, November 14, 2009

We have a key

Signed the lease. Have my new keys. Brought over a couple of things so it feels like I'm making progress. I have a new home.

Oddest thing about it. I haven't seen the place since the first day I looked at it. Usually when I finally commit to a place and come back to do the paperwork, it always looks smaller and not quite as nice as I remembered it. This time it looked bigger than I remembered and somehow the paneling looked a little less ugly and the carpets less odious. The hall was much improved since they painted it and he already changed all my electrical outlets. Looking forward to living there.

Down side is it's on the north side and I won't have sun coming in the windows most of the day, but I'll appreciate that in summer I think. The same was true of my last place in the Triangle. Wasn't so bad there and this one has more windows at least so it has light if not direct sun. But the best part is no moldy smell. I'll be so glad to get away from that here.

Meanwhile the neighbor that I only spoke with once, when I asked her about the weird bitter orange tree, came over to tell me how much she was going to miss me. This is such a cute town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home