Saturday, June 13, 2009

Settling in

The plumber came yesterday and put in new faucets at the kitchen and bathroom sinks and the cleaning is almost done, so it's starting to feel like a functional home here. I've been promising you some photos and I finally installed the unit to upload them so here's a few to start with. The quality is not that great because it's not the best lighting conditions, but we've had so many afternoon storms that I thought I'd just grab a few shots while I had some sun.

This first one was actually before I moved in. I took it from the hotel on the day I decided to take this place.


I wish I had a better camera and could have taken a wide angle of this rainbow. It was a perfect double arc from horizon to horizon. This next one is the view from my front door. I live on a very busy street but the house is set back and this tree provides enough screening so it feels private even when the door is wide open.


And this is a lousy shot of my giant beech tree. It's hard to get a good shot of this one because it's so thick and you can't really capture how very present it feels. It has a strong spirit.


And here's a close up of the beech nuts. The tree is covered with them. Unhappily though, I see all this rain is not good for it. The leaves didn't have that blight on them last week. Still it seems healthy so I guess it will be all right.


If you click on the photos to embiggen them, they look marginally better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home