Thursday, June 11, 2009

No place like home

I'm already feeling sort of at home in this town. It was a good move. I feel happier. After all those months in virtual isolation, it's good to be in a place where I have people who are glad to see me. The black depression I've been in for so long seems to be finally lifting.

The town is interesting. I've had to do a lot of running around but nothing is more than three miles away and I've been learning the back streets to avoid the lights. The traffic lights here are ungodly long. On the bright side, you can be two blocks away and still get through a green light if you have one.

Slowly cracking the new neighbor. I think he's probably cooler than I initially thought. The other day he was blasting some really great old blues music while he was doing his house work. And he let his dog sniff me for two seconds when he let him out to pee. Jake is a good dog. Just some kind of mutt but he's really well trained. He'll stop on a dime when Hal speaks to him. And he's pretty. He's the color of coffee with good cream.

Meanwhile, I discovered I have lightning bugs and a resident dragonfly. Huge black guy that buzzes around the yard with great authority. Life feels good again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home