Friday, June 05, 2009

Moving all over

Well, the moving out is over so now I'm down to the dreaded moving in. It's a bigger chore in the low rent district. You get what you pay for and the place needs a major cleaning to be liveable. It's going to take a week to get it done right. The hell of it is I know I'm not going to stay there for more than the six months. It's a lot of work for a short time. I'm bone tired. Of course on the bright side, I'm getting a workout like I haven't had in a long time. I can feel my physical strength coming back. So there's that.

The space is charming. Hardwood floors. Lots of windows. And an interesting room configuration. All the rooms radiate off a kind of square hall that's big enough for some small furniture. I love the setup but I've discovered after several days of rain, it has a dampness problem that I think won't be easily solved. The next door neighbor turned out to be a cranky "get off my lawn" kind of guy with a vicious dog.

On the plus side, it is in a good neighborhood. It's centrally located. It's close to the best Chinese restaurant I've been to since I've moved to the south. The back porch is great. The yard is pretty. There's a gigantic beech tree in our yard and all the neighbors have mature plantings, so it's private. But there's still a big patch of open sky so I'll be able to see the moon. And there's so many birds and they're friendly. One of them is a bluebird. A little brown guy I haven't quite identified yet appears to have a nest in the tree under the window where my desk is going to be. He's already talking to me.

And of course, the best part is being close to my Dad. I've really missed him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home