Tuesday, May 12, 2009

This and that

I filled my car up with gas yesterday. The last time I filled it was 12-3-08. Guess I don't have to feel guilty about my carbon footprint. And it goes to show how very isolated I've been here for the last few months. I'll be glad to move to a place where at least I know somebody who wants to see me once in while. I have to say I'm a little freaked out about not having a place to move to. I'm effectively homeless at the end of the month. That's going to be weird. Hoping I get organized enough here to try one more time to find a place before June. It would make everything a lot less complicated.

I was going crazy yesterday morning over this beeping noise. I thought at first it was the computer, but I ruled that out and spent an hour prowling the apartment trying to find the source. Finally figured out it was the little old lady's apartment downstairs. Couldn't get her to answer the door. I was convinced she had one of those bracelets that beep when you fall and can't get up. Got the manager to send someone over to check on her. Turns out she wasn't home and her smoke alarm had shorted out or something. They made the beeping stop anyway. The absence of beeping is more blessedly quiet than never having heard beeping at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home