Friday, May 08, 2009

Stairway to Heaven

I know I've fallen down on posting here again. There's just so much to do before I move. I've been spending hours checking out the housing options in my new town and finally found a place where they advertise jobs around there. It all looks promising but I'm in sort of limbo since I can't do much about either from here.

The house share I was going to take temporarily fell through and just as well. I have a bad feeling about it and on reflection, it was going to be much more complicated that it was worth. Of course, it's still very complicated but I'll figure it out somehow.

Meanwhile, I'm happy to report Mom Helen got home from the hospital yesterday after a month on the inside. Everyone is cheered up by that and I have one funny story from my visit with Dad last week. We were driving back from the store and in the center of town on two major intersections were a horde of Baptists with signs. When you stop at the light they run up to the car, just like the window washers in NYC and hand you a pamphlet called: How to be sure you'll get into heaven, in four easy steps. Step One: Go to our Church. Step Two: See Step One. Step Three: See Step Two. Step Four: See Step Three. Repeat as necessary.... Wish I had my camera with me.

Anyway, I fully intend to put enough posts in the queue over the weekend to have something new here every day so bear with me my dears. I'll be back to regular posting soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home