Thursday, July 31, 2008

Rejected

Thanks to a tip from Jamie Smitten in comments, I was able to get a three day free trial membership at match.com and answer Eaglerider's email. As it turns out his nick was really Eagleridger, which is a semi-fancy golf club around here. Putting it all together I realized he was probably a serious golfer. We corresponded twice. I knew it wasn't going to work out.

But I sent him a photo and admitted that I hadn't played golf in years and wasn't that great a player in any event. He didn't even bother to answer me after that. Either he didn't like the way I looked or the golf thing was a deal breaker, but you would think he would have had the courtesy to write back and let me know. And to think I was feeling guilty about not being able to answer him in the first place.

It's like I said. Dating services like this are clearly not meant for unconventional women like me. I cancelled my subscription and I won't be wasting time on that sort of thing anymore. I'd have better luck striking up a friendship in the comments sections of the blogs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home