Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas



For those of you like me, who didn't get snow for Christmas, here's a little bit of the white stuff to make your holiday bright thanks to my dear friend, John W. Farrell. And I have a charming Christmas story.

I ordered a gift on-line that was supposed to arrive yesterday by priority mail. It didn't come but I had gone down to meet the mailman to spare him the walk up the stairs in case it did. I was bummed but what can you do?

Last night at about 7:30 there was a knock on the door. The mailman had noticed when he finished his run that the package was at the PO and made a special trip back here on his own time to give it to me. Now that is the true spirit of Christmas. He restored my faith in the goodness of my fellow man.

Meanwhile, I watched It's a Wonderful Life last night, as I do every year. And just like every year, I start tearing up when George Bailey kisses Bert the cop on the bridge and by the time the bell rings on the Christmas tree, the tears are just rolling down my face. You would think after all these years it wouldn't move me so much, but it always does.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home