Sunday, August 26, 2007

It's not easy living on your own

Well I deleted about 10 pages of emails looking for the links I wanted to blog about but then I decided to look at "just a couple" of blogs since I've been remiss in making the rounds. Of course, there's no such thing as just a couple. Once I get started I feel like it's rude not to try to hit most of them anyway and then I got sidetracked because I see Eric is about to leave for Belguim and I wanted to find the name of the bar I loved there.

So I got lost for an hour looking through the box of sentimental junk I should have thrown out ten years ago. I found a lot of stuff I forgot I kept, including a pack of pencils I bought in Barcelona. I needed pencils so that was a good find. I also found a half sheet of stamps that aren't marked with their value. They're probably ten years old. I don't know how I'm going to figure out what they're worth. Unfortunately, I didn't find the address of the bar but I did find a dried out pen from the hotel in Brussels. I figure I'll find the address about the time Eric comes back.

Meanwhile, Parkway Jim did a post on Joisey beaches and they were bashing Joisey peeps for not knowing how to use a selfserve gas pump in the comment section.

As I said there, hey give the self service impaired a break here. When the full serve went out of business and I was forced to pump my own for the first time in years, I couldn’t get the gas cap off. I’d owned the car for three years and had never seen it before. The freaking thing had 17 lines of warnings and instructions on it in print so tiny I could hardly read it but I'm pretty sure the red line said, follow instructions exactly or your car will explode.

The last time I had seen a gas cap it was just this giant screw like thing. Easy. This one had levers and handles and I turned the thing a hundred times and all it did was click. I finally had to get some kids to help me. And I’m not from New Jersey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home