Thursday, August 16, 2007

Floating on sunshine...

It was hotter than Hades again today. The air blowing into the window this afternoon was so like standing in front of a campfire. I turned on the AC again and I have to tell you, I'm loving me some central air. It was so hot when I brought the feeder in around noon, the last bit of food almost could have burned my hand.

I spent the late afternoon at the pool so I'm muy tranquilo tonight. This is my second day in a row doing the routine again. I'm holding it down to 20 minutes so I won't hurt myself. I feel more fit already, or least pretty damn righteous for exercising.

I brought my little floating raft thing with me today. It's been sitting in the closet all summer and the season is almost over, so I thought I should give it try. It's very relaxing to float around the pool and surprising cool on the water. There were a few older kids there today who coveted it. They were already begging to use it before I got into the pool. I gave it to them when I was done.

They were having so much fun with it, I stayed longer than I might have so they could play with it. Luckily I brought a book. I haven't read an actual book in a really long time and I bought some cheap trash novels just for hanging around the pool. I have to admit, I partly stayed because I got into the story.

I love Sue Grafton's Kinsey Millhone series. I don't remember what letter I read last but I'm reading N is for Noose right now and I have a couple of other letters in abeyance that I grabbed for fifty cents apiece at the Goodwill store. Nothing like a good quick read at the pool. It's been so long since I read something just for fun. I'd forgotten how enjoyable that is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home