Sunday, August 12, 2007

I had a dream

I fell asleep sitting up in front of the computer last night. I've been doing that a lot lately. I'm talking maybe a dozen times in the last month. I'm wondering if I'm developing narcolepsy for real. I never remember thinking I should go to bed. I close my eyes for a second and next thing I know, it's up to a half hour later. And I don't have a office chair with a high back by the way. It's an ordinary wooden kitchen table type chair. So I'm really just sitting upright.

Last night I had a vivid dream while I was sitting here sleeping. A lot of my old friends who I haven't seen in a really long time were in it. I discovered I could levitate myself. I raised my arms parallel with my shoulders and I could will myself to raise off the couch I was sitting on and float around the room.

I did it several times, getting better and better at it until I was flying near the ceiling but I couldn't sustain it for long. My concentration would break and I'd float back to the floor. The last time I landed, my friend Victoria was there. She wasn't surprised to see me fly. It's fun I told her, but every time I land it gets harder to lift my leg. It feels like a lead weight.

Then I woke up. My legs were crossed and the one on top had lost its circulation. I brushed my teeth and went straight to bed hoping to recapture the dream. I wanted to fly some more. I didn't dream again that I can remember.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home