Saturday, April 21, 2007

How was your 4/20?

Well, it's been a crazy week. I was too busy at work to be able to post during the day and came home pretty well burnt out. I haven't even read my emails in days and lost track of the date so I just realized that I missed 4/20 this year. Hope everyone who celebrates the event had a wonderful time.

One person for sure who marked the occassion in a particularly splendid manner was my pal Loretta Nall, who in a moment of supreme irony had her five year old marijuana case officially dismissed by the courts yesterday. Needless to say Loretta is thrilled about the outcome but she's not about to let the system off the hook for unlawfully harassing her and her family for the last five years. She emails:
I want a federal investigation into the Tallapoosa County DA's office, the Tallapoosa County Narcotics Task Force, the Tallapoosa County Sheriff's Office, the Alexander City Police Department and into Judge Kim Taylor's office. I want to know how many people are in jail on bullshit charges like mine. I know that I cannot be the only one. I want the Alabama Bar Association to investigate the complaints I am in the process of filing against the DA and Deputy DA of Tallapoosa County. I'd like both E. Paul Jones and Damon Lewis's license to practice law hanging on my wall. I want them arrested, prosecuted and jailed. I have to "make an example out of them" and "send a strong message" that there will be "zero tolerance" for this kind of prosecutorial misconduct.
And that's just the beginning. The LEOs of Tallapoosa County thought they had an easy target and would intimidate Loretta into shutting up by pursuing these trumped up charges against her and I remind you this all started simply because Loretta wrote a letter to the editor of her little local paper advocating for the legalization of marijuana. They're going to find out they bought themselves a formidable adversary and a tireless fighter for justice.

Congrats Loretta for the win and good luck in running these abusers of our legal system to ground.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home