Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Dreamland

Well, I guess you all figured out that I didn't post yesterday. My dream of ten hours days turned out to be a fool's hope and I've spent a lot of time outdoors in the last couple of days in the wind so I've been pretty well beat when I got home. What is about being out in the wind that makes you more tired? Still, I feel like a jerk for complaining about 50 degree days knowing that my friends up north are going through the annual arctic blast. I'm sending you all thoughts of warmth and spring my dears. Hold on and stay warm. It really won't be long until spring. Even as I type this I hear the geese flying north again.

Anyway, I couldn't see the screen last night by 9:00 and just crawled into bed and slept like the proverbial rock. I was in the middle of the weirdest dream when the alarm went off. I was out in the country somewhere, driving around in an airplane -- driving mind you because even in my dreams I don't know how to fly a fixed wing -- and for some reason I had one of my former co-workers, in the plane with me. Who knows what that means since I simply loathed that lying, cheating goldbricker. When the alarm went off I was meeting with my former boss and his friends and family trying to figure out how I was going to get the airplane home. I wished the alarm hadn't woken me up. Even on the ground, airplanes are fun.

Meanwhile, I discovered my schedule is not going to be quite as brutal as I expected. Sometimes just thinking about my schedule makes me tired but it turns out I'm going to get my weekends off in addition to whatever few weekdays I have free and I actually have a big block of time off at the end of the month. That bit of news did wonders for my outlook. However I am looking at a busy day so I probably won't be back until this evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home