Sunday, December 03, 2006

True confessions - Part III

Continuing on my lazy theme this morning, I'm stealing this from Parkway Jim who just celebrated his 4th Bloggiversary. Here's what we've both done.

1. Bought everyone in the bar a drink - I've done this more than once.
2. Climbed a mountain–More like a big hill but it felt like a mountain
3. Said “I love you’ and meant it.
4. Watched a lightning storm at sea– I love thunder storms
5. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise–Yes, many, many times.
6. Gone to a huge sports game–Yes. I've been to Fenway to see the Sox and I saw some football game in Atlanta but not being a football fan, I forget who played
7. Grown and eaten your own vegetables– Hey I'm a former farm girl. I've had some really big gardens.
8. Slept under the stars–Yes, if sleeping in a tent counts.
9. Changed a baby’s diaper– Many times
10. Drunk champagne–Yes, and I've been drunk on champagne many times. In my ballooning days, this often happened before 9:00am. If the landowner doesn't show up you get to drink the champagne yourself. I still love it for breakfast.
11. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment
12. Had a good fight– It's hard to get me mad, but watch out when you get me going...
13. Bet on a winning horse–Yes, but rarely, very rarely.
14. Had a snowball fight– Of course. I grew up in New England
15. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can–Yes, but not in anger.
16. Ridden a roller coaster
17. Scored a winning goal–Highlight of my sports life. I slid into home and scored the winning run at the playground softball game when I was ten.
18. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking–Yes, often.
19. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment–Yes, often.
20. Taken care of someone who was drunk– Many times.
21. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country– more than once.
22. Taken a road-trip
23. Midnight walk on the beach
24. Taken a train through Europe
25. Been heartbroken longer than you were actually in love
26. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger’s table, and had a meal with them
27. Kissed in the rain
28. Gone to a drive-in theatre–Yes, often in my yoot.
29. Performed on stage
30. Walked a famous bridge– The fabled Brooklyn Bridge. It's longer than it looks.
31. Read a good book–One or two.
32. Had your picture in the newspaper
33. Pretended to be “sick”–Yes, and often on Mondays and Fridays.
34. Swam in the Pacific Ocean
35. Fainted
36. Hitchhiked
37. Been caught daydreaming–In high school, daydreaming was my major.

I've also done these things that Jim hasn't:

1. Hugged a tree– We were measuring it at the time. It took five people with our arms totally stretched out to circle it. It was a really big tree.
2. Held a lamb– Like I said I was a farm girl. I've also held a pig, a goat or two, chickens and rabbits.
3. Seen a total eclipse– Lunar more than once. Solar only once, I was tripping out on LSD at the time.
4. Adopted an accent for an entire day– I used to pretend to be British sometimes and I was in a play that required an Irish brogue.
5. Crashed a party– More than once.
6. Petted a stingray– I've also petted a wild manatee.
7. Broken someone’s heart–I didn't mean to.
8. Eaten sushi– don't really like it though.
9. Skipped all your school reunions

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home