Thursday, October 05, 2006

A Freilekhn Gebortstog!

Two great Americans were sharing a birthday today yesterday. Dick Tracy turned 75, (I always did want one of those two way wrist watches) and one of my blog heroes, the best Jewish Southern Cracker blogger in Blogtopia, presumably turned less than 75, but we don't know for sure because he's not telling.

Anyway, Dick -- as far as I know -- doesn't have a blog but you can click over to the inimitable Elisson and wish him A Freilekhn Gebortstog, which is supposedly happy birthday in Yiddish. I might note however, I've never heard anyone use that expression before and none of the other Yiddish speakers used it, so you might want to go with mazeltov instead. That kind of works for everything. But do drop by and leave your best wishes.

Happy Birthday El. Mazeltov from the northern south.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home