Saturday, September 09, 2006

Lovers come and go, Friends are forever

Damn, that last post was so morose it's depressing even me, so let me change focus and think about my good points. I do have some.
Ten reasons I make a great friend

I'm loyal to a fault.

I won't lie to you.

Once you get used to my dry wit, I'll make you laugh.

I can hold my own in any conversation that doesn't require a knowledge of mathematics.

I'll always lend a hand when you need one.

I'm generous. I'll share everything I have.

I'll say really nice things about you behind your back.

I'll take true delight in your successes.

I won't tell your secrets. Frankly, I'll forget them before I leave the room.

I won't presume to tell you how to run your life.
And as an added bonus, my eccentric existence will make you feel like a paragon of respectability in comparison. Can't ask for a better friend than that can you?

UPDATE: My dear friend Karen from Noho emailed me:

Please add one more item to your list: when your friends need you, you're right there. That's the most important quality of all.

Thanks sweetie. Love you and miss you too...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home