Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I got a new toy


I finally figured out how to embed YouTube videos in the blog. This is good and bad. It's good because I often want to share one I run across, but it's bad because I just spent two hours getting lost in the new uploads before I found this one. It's a trip. There's 15 pages at any given time but by the time you get to page five, you can go back to page one and there's all new videos already. Anyway I'm practicing embedding so I don't forget how and I love this routine. It's only a couple of minutes long and the announcer at the beginning is right. I remember when I first saw this decades ago and I really haven't seen anything to top it since. Astaire was the master.

I got involved in all of this because I followed a link out of my referral section to Blogshares. I don't understand how that all works but LOS is number 8 out of 45 blogs on the trading floor. Who knows why my shares are trading so high since the bigger blogs seem to have much lower numbers. I often wonder who "owns" me besides. I think you have to join to find out. One of life's little mysteries.

So when I was checking my stock position, I decided to click on the number one blog, Joe My God which appears to be a gay, possibly Jewish guy with a pretty cool blog that seems to have almost nothing to do with drugs. I found a stunning political video there that inspired me to figure out the YouTube thing. I posted that at the Impolitic and then spent another two hours reviewing footage. This is not going to be good for my productivity.

Update:For some reason the video isn't loading but I don't its the link because I just added another at The Imp that works fine. I think the problem is at the YouTube end. If it doesn't resolve I guess I'll change it but I'll be sorry because it was a great one. It was the connection. I just checked and it's working.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home