Saturday, April 29, 2006

It's a done deal -- Rush in high spirits

Of course you've heard by now that Rush Limbaugh turned himself for a plea deal that will result in his record being expunged after eighteen months. I put up a long post at the DetNews with my analysis so I won't repeat it here.

I have to admit, my first reaction was deep disgust that he didn't have to plead guilty to anything. My first thought was Rush gets off and Richard Paey rots in jail for a lesser "crime." But I realized that I let my loathing for the bile-spewing excuse for a human being color my response. On reflection, I think it's good the vile blowhard got away with it. I hope every defendant in similar circumstances gets off on the basis of the outcome of Limbaugh's case. At least that way it would serve some greater purpose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home