Monday, October 31, 2005

O! Water Hot is a noble thing! - Tolkien

My hot water heater went out yesterday. A real drag for the circulation challenged. Without a hot shower, my extremities never quite warm up. My hands were so cold today while I was waiting for the plumber to be done that I could barely type. I couldn't turn the heat on because they had the door open. And then of course I had to wait for the water to get hot again.

Even though it was only one day, I can't begin to tell you how glorious it was to turn on the tap and find aqua caliente. This from Tolkien's bath song, will have to do.
O! Water cold we may pour at need
Down a thirsty throat and be glad indeed;
But better is Beer, if drink we lack,
And Water Hot poured down the back.

Indeed. I have a new sympathy for all those hurricane victims who haven't had a shower in a week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home