Friday, September 23, 2005

Brecher for Becker

Drug Policy Alliance is having their annual conference on November 10-12 this year in Long Beach, CA. I don't think I'm going to be able to make it myself. I only get my schedule one month in advance but in looking at the general pattern, it looks like my week off will not fall in the right place. Nonetheless, if you're free and you want to get more involved in drug policy reform, I would recommend you attend. You'll learn a lot and meet some really great people.

One of them might be Dean Becker of Drug Truth Network who I met in New Jersey at the 2003 conference. He's an amazing guy and a tireless advocate for reform. His 4:20 reports and Cultural Baggage interviews are not to be missed and he's grown his audience in the last few years to include 42 affliates with more pending.

He's up for an Brecher Award this year and although he's kind of a longshot, I can't think of anyone who deserves the recognition more. Give his work a listen, samples here and here and then drop a note to Robin Beck at rbeck@drugpolicy.org in support of his nomination if you agree.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home