Monday, August 01, 2005

Mysteries and destinations

I'm whipped tonight folks. I barely slept yesterday and decided this evening that I'm going to run up north for a few days on Wednesday. I've started having dreams about George Bush. I need a break and I'm missing my friends. Besides I have a free plane ticket that's about to expire.

So I spent the evening making phone calls and figuring out the trip and now I have to get some sleep. Early call tomorrow so the news will have to wait until early afternoon. In the interim, I'm sure the fine blogs on the side bar are keeping an eye on the action.

Meanwhile, the two big events of the country life were being buzzed by a butterfly yesterday and waking up this morning to find someone had taken away all the huge limbs that had fallen on my lawn in the last couple of weeks.

It was like a miracle. I didn't know what I was going to do about those puppies. They were big limbs. It would take a lot of bonfires to burn them away.

It had to be the people next door since they had a crew in today to take down a whole big tree and they already had a huge pile of sawn branches on the lawn. The chainsaws woke me up at around 7:30 but not for long as I hadn't managed to fall sleep until 4:00am. When I opened the shades at 9:00, I thought I was still dreaming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home