Saturday, August 20, 2005

Couldn't stand the weather

The summer is so odd in the south. It changes so fast, it makes New England weather look slow.

I diddled around all day so I didn't go the grocery store until about 9:30. When I went into the store it was kind of a pleasant evening. When I came out, everything had completely changed. It was so hot and humid, it felt like a jungle. My car was covered in dew and with the windows opened the entire thing was fogged up. No combination of AC or defrost would clear it up. I drove halfway home with the wipers on to keep it from condensing on the glass even as I was moving. It got so hot, I came home and turned on the AC. Damnedest phenomenon.

It's hard to get used to the insect thing here as well. Long time readers know that I kind of like spiders but they have poison ones here and I'm pretty sure the one hanging off the carport ceiling is a brown recluse. Not that I'm going to get close enough to check and see if has an hourglass on it to make certain. It's big and I figure if it wasn't poisonous, it would be more afraid of me.

Anyway, it lives right over the driver side door of my car. If I'm off for a few days and don't go out, it will anchor its web to the car. I'm not quite sure what to do about it. It's really weird for me to be afraid of spiders. It's hard to get used to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home