Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Why I like spiders

Now don't get me wrong, it's not like I'd want one as pet or anything but I tend not to kill them when I find them in the house. If at all possible, I catch them and throw them outside. I think they appreciate it. They catch bugs for me. Don't laugh -it's true.

We have a lot of bee and wasp type insects around here. I'm terrified of those. Just the other day some kind of giant wasp got into my screen porch. It almost got into the house but I managed to shut the door in time. Nonetheless there it was buzzing around and I had no idea how I was going to rid of it. It was walking on the inside of the screen trying to get out but it was nowhere close to the door. I was freaking out when a spider came down across the outside of the screen and started casing the wasp out. I left to do some yard work.

When I came back an hour later, the wasp was dead on the floor. I think the spider killed it for me. What other explanation could there be?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home