Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Can't be much longer...

Raich v. Ashcroft rumors abound this week as people impatiently wait for the SCOTUS decision to be released. Everyone's got a theory as to when it will happen and there's a surprising amount of optimism. A lot of folks are looking for a win here. I hope they're right but I'm afraid to get my hopes up too far so I won't be too disappointed. Still I'm visualizing good news. It couldn't hurt.

Thought I'd weigh in on the timing of the announcement though. So far of all the predictions I've seen I think the most logical is that it will be released as close to the end of the session as possible and definitely on a day that will allow the least exposure. Thus I've got my money with Ethan Straffin who thinks it will happen the Thursday before Memorial Day weekend. In fact, though it's not customary, I wouldn't be surprised to see it released late on the Friday before in order to minimize its coverage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home