Monday, May 16, 2005

Recovery

The back is improving, I can move again but only because I'm still pretty heavily drugged. I guess that's a good thing because I discovered that the deer had eaten all my strawberries in the last two days. Not the berries themselves, but the plants. I might have been more upset if I wasn't so mellow from the muscle relaxants.

Oddly they didn't touch anything else although one of the basil plants got a bit trampled. Judging from the size of the hoof prints, I'd say it's young. This may also explain the scrabbling I've been hearing every night at about 10:30 right outside the window. I guess I should be glad it wasn't a peeping Tom.

On a brighter note, I finally found someone to mow my lawn. I've been asking around and the sweet young woman at the convenience store finally hooked me up with a local guy. Ortega is going to theoretically show up on Thursday. I have high hopes for him. He said he already drove by and looked at it so he knows what he's getting into. I'm pretty excited but I bet not as much as my neighbors will be when the lawn is cut.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home