Saturday, April 23, 2005

Upgrade

I rented a car for the trip and just got back from picking it up. I've rented a car several times while I was visiting here before I moved and always use the airport location even though you pay an extra fee for the concession because it's the only place I can reliably find. I have a pretty good sense of direction but the roads are very confusing around here and I haven't gone out enough to find my way around yet. I have to admit though, as we were driving up I had a huge pang of regret about not going to Florida as I watched the airplanes lifting off. The better weather aside, I love flying and hanging around airports.

No matter, it's too late for regrets and it turned out pretty well. My ride was an hour and half late. I was impatient and little cranky about it since the weather turned in the interim and a storm blew in but all's well that ends well. I was supposed to get a Dodge Neon, the cheapest and smallest car but I arrived so late and they were over-booked so I was upgraded to a freaking Chrysler PT cruiser. It's kind of mixed blessing. It's a very cool car but I feel like no self-respecting hippie should be seen in a car this trendy. I felt like a bleeding yuppie driving home but it will be a real comfortable ride to the beach tomorrow. Not to mention, now I can go shopping with impunity. There's nothing I want to buy that wouldn't fit into this baby. I expect at the end of two weeks I'll be sorry to give it back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home