Saturday, January 29, 2005

A little personal time

It's a dismal day but spent in a cozy house. I of course frittered away most of the day on the internet. I got outside briefly before the sleet started though and was delighted to see I have a resident blue bird in the back yard. I saw the cardinal pair today as well. They actually came to visit, perching in the bush outside the window here above my desk. I swear they were looking in and talking to each other about me. And a wren of some sort just popped by a moment ago and took a peek inside.

I also got a lovely note from Chelsea Green Publishers thanking me for my posts on saying no to Gonzales and advising my free book was on the way. Since no one has ever sent cash, I believe this is our first "tip." Pretty cool and I really wanted the book. Thanks to the good folks at Chelsea Green for their generosity.

Meanwhile, I almost got a job blogging for Fox News. Their blog Tonguetied is diversifying into a multiple blogger format and they were taking applications from the public. I offered to put the balance in, as in their slogan - fair and.... I would have loved to do it, but needless to say I didn't get the gig. I did surprisingly receive a rather nice note from the editor however, telling me they weren't looking to shake up the format enough to include my point of view, but if they changed their mind (and I quote), "you're near the top of the list if we do." I've had worse rejections.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home