Thursday, January 27, 2005

Kitchen magic

This will impress those of you who know me well. I've actually figured out to use the oven in my new house. Okay, so I only baked a frozen pizza but still, this is the first time I've used a real oven in ten years. Otherwise, I'm still moving in by degrees (I used tin foil under the pizza because I haven't unpacked my kitchen stuff yet) but I'm starting to really love this little house. It's lovely to have so much space.

The moon has been stunning the last couple of nights. It feels closer here for some reason and it's so bright, the trees cast moon shadows. The birdwatching has been slow with the chill weather but yesterday afternoon was relatively balmy and I saw my first bluebird. He was hanging out with a bunch of nervous little wrens who where hiding in the trees from the two hawks that were circling the neighborhood.

Meanwhile, I was stunned to discover in the local news that this little town actually has homeless people - they estimate there's probably a dozen of them. There's a big controversy about zoning for shelters going on. Somebody wants to start one and as always, nobody wants one in their neighborhood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home