Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Take this job and shove it

I'm appalled at this story myself, but unfortunately it's not illegal for a private company to dictate the terms of employment. Employees are forced to take drug tests every day in America and nicotine is just one more drug. Whether the owner can apply the policy retroactively depends on a number of factors but our courts have already ruled these invasive tests constitutional. I do however find the owner's behavior distressing and distasteful. You couldn't get me to work for that boor for any amount of money. I find it infuriating that he thinks has the right to meddle in his employee's private lives and even more so that the law allows it.



Another source reports that "the company also has programs in place to get employees to eat right and get more exercise." Those programs are not mandatory - yet. Today tobacco, tomorrow the Kripsy Kreme addict?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home