Friday, August 13, 2004

You Tarzan, Me Jane

Thanks to Cox and Forkham for the beautiful memorial to King Kong and Fay Wray. I've loved that movie all my life as well and also every remake right up to Mighty Joe Young. I always cried at the end of the original version and I have tears in my eyes right now thinking of an era that feels somehow ended with this news. I think she was the last one left from the jungle genre of film-making I grew up with.

Fay and I had a lot in common.

'Each time I arrive in New York,' she wrote in her biography 'and (I) see the skyline and the exquisite beauty of the Empire State Building, my heart beats a little faster. I like that feeling. I really like it!'

I always feel the same way every time I cross a bridge into Manhattan and I'm glad they honored her like this.

New York City paid tribute to the legendary movie star Tuesday night by dimming the lights of the Empire State Building for fifteen minutes.

Rest in Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home