Thursday, August 12, 2004

Good Old Days

This is kind of funny. I was trying to figure out what to order for dinner and I discovered that my picture is on the Union Station site on the Deck bar page . This was taken the first day they opened. I think I was the second patron to show up. That was the first time I met Tom O'Connell, who was sitting next to me. He did the sound system for them and had arrived only moments before me. Jamie, my dear friend and the best next door neighbor I ever had was tending bar. It was his first day on the job. The pictures were later used in the print ads as well.

It was only about four or five years ago but it feels like another lifetime. It's funny to see those shots now and remember how warm the sun felt on my hair and to see how much longer it was then. If you look closely you can see my red jacket on the stool next to me. It was lovely that first afternoon, with just a few of us at the bar. It was nice to be reminded of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home