Sunday, February 01, 2004

CHURCH AND STATE

Thanks to church peace worker Ricardo Esquivia's impending false arrest for insurgency in Colombia, I figured out how I got on the Sojourners' newsletter. I responded to their recent letter appeal on his behalf and realized I had inadvertently joined the group when I answered an earlier one. Not that I mind, despite their Christian missionary focus, they're not preaching religion, they're supporting important human rights projects and executive editor David Batstone and I lean in the same political direction.

I also discovered the site hosts a great archive of articles on the drug war and a moving multimedia presentation on the plight of the indigenous Colombians.

This week's newsletter reports that the letter appeal has generated enough response to forestall legal action against Esquivia. Please help keep the pressure on the Colombia government to prevent this atrocity and take a moment to send an e-letter as well.

As Ricardo reflects, "... our security is found in community."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home