Saturday, January 31, 2004

USEFUL TOOLS

I've run across a few odd sites this week that may amuse you or even assist those inclined to researching the issues.

The Annenberg Political Fact Check looks promising. I haven't actually used it yet, but I like their mission statement.

We are a nonpartisan, nonprofit, "consumer advocate" for voters that aims to reduce the level of deception and confusion in U.S. politics. We monitor the factual accuracy of what is said by major U.S. political players in the form of TV ads, debates, speeches, interviews, and news releases. Our goal is to apply the best practices of both journalism and scholarship, and to increase public knowledge and understanding.

I haven't tried to use Photobucket.com yet either, (mainly because I can't figure out how), but I kept the link because someone on Metafilter gave it a good review and so far it's still a free image hosting service.

Oh, and in case you were wondering, the world's population according to the World PopClock Project is 6,345,626,513.

I love GREEK MYTHOLOGY TODAY. I was put off by the hyperactive graphics, however, the content totally engaged me. The student section houses a user-friendly base of academic knowledge but it's the Myth of the Month side that will keep me coming back again.

It's funny, I adore mythology and for years I've been wanting to build a new work on those stories myself. Meanwhile, Nick Pontikis -- real or imagined descendant of the Gods of Olympus -- does it well.

And just in case you have to know, this is how Jedi I am.


:: how jedi are you? ::


[Link thanks to Treva at Lift The Veil, the first person to link a site to Last One Speaks and also my first html instructor.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home