Friday, February 06, 2004

AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE

I slept in and I'm running late so I'm going to send you to my favorite bloggers this morning.

Talk Left has a suggestion on how to get Tim Russert to ask the questions you want answered at Bush's interview on Meet the Press this Sunday. Jeralyn also has a disturbing piece on Roderick Johnson, a gay black man and non-violent offender, who was repeatedly raped over eighteen months in a Texas jail. His ordeal to some extent was rooted in an arrest for marijuana possession and unfortunately, outside of the sheer scale of his experience, his is not that uncommon a story.

Meanwhile, Pete Guither at Drug War Rant has the lowdown on the presidential candidate's scorecards on cannabis and hemp issues. He also has a great piece on partisan politics in the drug war. (By the way Pete, you're right about mine. I would describe myself as a pragmatic, left-of-center liberal).

Finally, JackL posted a comment on Kleiman's American Street thread regarding medical marijuana that was much more eloquent than my own. Check it out before we close the book on this story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home