Sunday, January 25, 2004

AT RANDOM

I'm just cruising the news before I turn in tonight and I see that the Koufax award finalists have been announced. As expected, Last One Speaks did not make the cut but I'm still completely blown away that we ever even made the list. I want to thank my friends who voted for me and a special thanks to my sister Annie, who I know took the time to look at every other nominated blog before she voted for mine.

I didn't know anything about Wampum before this award thing happened but I've since put them on my regular read list. They post on a wide range of serious subjects but also recently published one of the funniest pieces I've read in a while. For those of you also battling the latest dismal arctic assaults, Weather in Maine may cheer you up. [click on this one Michael]

Meanwhile, Talk Left did deservedly make the cut for the Koufax and is still up for an award in three categories. I'll definitely be voting for TL and will post my other endorsements later today.

Looking outside the blogosphere, maybe it's just me, but this sounds like a really boring party.

Sir Bill Gates? And I had forgotten Daddy Bush had been knighted. This is not your father's Camelot.

And this is not your father's military. At least it appears they won't be reinstituting the draft.

Yet another reason to boycott Walmart.

Oh no, I haven't been there in years but I loved that it was there. The Bottom Line in NYC is closing. End of an era.

And finally 672 skydivers from 43 countries set a world record over the skies of Bangkok for the queen's birthday. If my life had worked out differently in 1990, I might have been one of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home