Saturday, January 24, 2004

WELL THAT DIDN'T TAKE LONG

It's so cold here that walking to the corner for the newspaper was painful. The wind chill is so intense that within fifteen seconds you get what people around here call an ice cream headache. I expect it's that cold in New Hampshire as well, but someone lit a fire under the Kerry camp in less than 20 hours and I have a feeling that Ben Masel lit the match.

He just checked in with this update. The lovely supermoderator, Sarah, has reactivated the drug war thread on the forum at the campaign's website. I like that she reconsidered what I thought was a hasty decision and reopened the debate on an issue critical to the well-being of civil society. As a matter of fact, now that the thread is open, I guess I'll go over and register my opinion as well.

I encourage you all to do the same. It occurs to me that even as the candidates have been slow to recognize the power of the internet community, so have the activists been slow to access this avenue to shaping the debate. In an election year where the candidates and their constituencies are so accessible via these forums, we could be making our arguments to them directly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home