Friday, November 07, 2003

TOO MUCH TO SAY

Well I'm blogging you from the Meadowlands Sheraton and it's been a great conference so far but I'm one crispy critter so this will be a short update tonight folks.

The conference is so good it almost defies description. It's been exhilarating, inspiring, informative and exhausting. The agenda is really dense and I've run into many old and new friends, not to mention that I've met a lot of my heroes in the movement.

The first person I met when I arrived at the opening reception was Joe White, of Change the Climate. Joe is the man behind the marijuana poster campaign that recently gave Mark Souder apoplexy when they were installed in the DC metro system and the related billboards that have been making news in Western Mass.

I recognized Howard Wooldridge, fresh from his cross country trip in support of the legalization of marijuana, from across the room and introduced myself. We had a great chat and he reports that his horse Misty is fat and happy and resting up in North Georgia.

Howard introduced me to Alan Bean, one of the moving forces behind the exposure of injustice in Tulia, Texas.

As if that wasn't enough, I ran into my old friend from Merida, Luis Guanabara from Psciotropicus in Brazil. I met Luis on the plane into Cancun before that conference started. It seemed somehow fitting that he should be here at the beginining of this one.....

Well that's it for tonight kids. It costs a small fortune to use this computer and they're going to be screening Busted, the new Flex Your Muscle movie I was telling you about, in moments. Look for the review tomorrow.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home