Wednesday, October 22, 2003

DIGGING IT

Next post will be coming from the beach kids. Can't wait to get there. There's something deep in me that needs the sea.

Since we're officially on a mini-vacation I leave you with just this one link tonight on the Twisted Roots Of Marijuana Prohibition as revealed in the Nixon Watergate tapes that demonstrate the foundation of the modern war on marijuana was Nixonian prejudice, culture war and misinformation.

A classic quote from the article, which includes a link to the original Shafer report recommending legalisation, that Nixon commissioned and subsequently ignored, says it all.

"I see another thing in the news summary this morning about it. That's a funny thing, every one of the bastards that are out for legalizing marijuana is Jewish. What the Christ is the matter with the Jews, Bob, what is the matter with them? I suppose it's because most of them are psychiatrists . . ."




MOMMY DEAREST

Last word and quote of the day comes from Barbara Bush, the nuture behind our Pretender in Chief's nature.

"Why should we hear about body bags and deaths and how many, what day it's going to happen, and how many this or what do you suppose? Oh, I mean, it's, not relevant. So why should I waste my beautiful mind on
something like that?"


Like mother, Like son.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home