Wednesday, October 08, 2003

LIFETIME OF DISGUISES

My regular readers will have noticed the blog is little choppy today. I was experimenting with a new methodology. So the last word - goes first, to Jules Siegel. I'm eagerly awaiting an advance copy of his new book, Mad Laughter, Fragments of a Life in Progress. I've already seen some of the drafts. It's a magnificent book and will be a rare treasure. Jules has three self-published and/or self-designed books in the Museum of Modern Art Artists Book Collection already.

Jules' work hurts you with it's truth, but then soothes you with it's beauty. In his words:

No matter what you write, you are always writing about yourself, but you do not realize what it all means until it's too late to take it back.

photo Narco News




THE LAST MILE

I dug deep into last week to bring you this story about the end of Howard Wooldrigde's trip to promote drug policy reform. My long time readers will remember Howard, a retired cop and his horse, One Eyed Misty. They've been riding clear across this country, depending on the kindness of strangers and giving a voice to reason. Howard's my kind of guy; he's taking the message directly to the streets. A big thanks and well done to both of them.

photo Statesman Journal





HARVEST MOON

Pete at Drug War Rant is making me look like a slug these days. He's been burning up the blogosphere with breaking news and blazing analysis on the absurdity of this WODSU. Check out this post on a marijuana field in Tulare County, California that was destroyed by a battalion of local, state and federal eradicators. Pete makes a good point about the values of legal and illegal crops.

They cut down 72,321 plants which they calculated to be worth $289 million. I usually think that they overestimate the value of these grow busts, but with the buds reported to be the size of fists, this time I think I believe them. To quote Preston's reaction to the story, "OUCH".


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home