Sunday, April 06, 2003

STRANGE DREAMS

Woke up in foul mood. The sun is finally out but it's 17 degrees out there with the wind chill factor. My upstairs neighbors moved out this weekend and apparently broke the float on their toilet on the way out, so my water pressure is screwed up. I had the same dream twice last night, I was trying to get to Vienna and I couldn't find my ticket so the cab driver left and I missed the plane.

Then I just found this in my in-box. Once again I owe thanks to Preston Peet for changing my temperament. Life is not a joke, but it's still funny.

Don't forget to laugh,

LA Stone

{From the Marines at MATCA]

The Pope is visiting DC and President Bush takes him out for an afternoon on the Potomac . . . sailing on the presidential yacht, the Sequoia. They're admiring the sights when, all of a sudden, the Pope's hat (zucchetto) blows off his head and out into the water. The Secret Service guys start to launch a boat, but Bush waves them off, saying "Wait, wait. I'll take care of this. Don't worry."

Bush then steps off the yacht onto the surface of the water and walks out to the Holy Father's little hat, bends over and picks it up, then walks back to the yacht and climbs aboard. He hands the hat to the Pope amid stunned silence.

The next morning, the Washington Post carries a story, with front-page photos, of the event. The banner headline is: "Bush Can't Swim.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home