Monday, March 31, 2003

WARRIOR AGAINST THE WAR ON DRUGS

Today I’m thinking of Vienna, wishing I could be there next week when the UN and the marijuana activists start to arrive. I thought I might get there. I could imagine running into friends I made in Merida at the Out of the Shadows conference. I wish I could have let a balloon full of marijuana seeds go into the sky while standing on a bridge in Austria with hundreds of people of like mind. It was not to be.

I am thinking however of sending one off here in lovely downtown Noho at the same time, in solidarity. I should clean out that drawer full of seeds anyway. It’s not like I’ll probably get around to growing any, keeping them is just an old habit and in today’s WOD climate they would try to get me for production if I ever got busted. Now if I can just find an open-minded balloon vendor….

One little way to fight the WOD. I like the idea of all these balloons going out into the countryside and propagating. Marijuana is a weed after all – I remember when they called it that- SOME of those seeds have got to take. Wouldn’t it be fun to be hiking in the woods some day and finding a clearing with a plant that arrived by balloon? Maybe I’ll try to organize a little balloon launch here in WMA. If I could just find those SSDP kids at UMASS it could turn into at least a small statement.

It’s funny. I’m not much of a fighter. It’s hard to piss me off but I’m pissed now. I am sick of wars. I would like to stop all of them but I realized a long time ago, you can’t help everyone; you really can’t fight legions alone, so you pick your battles and I choose the War on Drugs. Despite the corporate media obsession with Iraq, the WOD is doing more harm and has been inflicting this damage for a lot longer. Having chosen my battlefield, I’m picking up the sword and becoming a warrior against the WOD.

I leave you with this link to the truth:

The Narco News Bulletin

peace unites,

LA Stone

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home